A little late, but here are this year's Easter photos!
 |
| Abby's Easter basket this year had a chocolate cross, chocolate bunny, bubble wand, Reese's pieces "carrot", a Big Book of Berenstain Bear's stories, and a grocery shopping cart with food. |
 |
| I made sure to wake up early to capture her face when she saw her basket. I think this perfectly sums up what Abby looks like when she wakes up early. :-) |
 |
| Then she saw her basket and it brightened her up a little bit. |
My original plan was to have Abby open up her Easter basket, then feed everyone breakfast, head off to church, and then upon arriving back home have the Easter egg hunt. Instead, Abby opened up the curtains to see if the sun was "sparkling", saw the eggs, and for the second year in a row our Easter morning saw Nate and I still in our bathrobes while Abby raced around the yard in her pajamas.
 |
| Racing to find her eggs. |
 |
| She found the ones laying on the ground lickity-split. |
 |
| Showing off her stash. |
 |
| But the ones I tried to "hide" took more prompting. "Abby where do you swing from the rocks", "Abby what's at the bottom of the slide", etc. Even with help she had fun finding them! |
 |
| Nate showing Abby all the wonderful chocolate and jelly beans hiding inside her eggs. |
After hunting eggs I tried to make a Pinterest Easter Bunny Cinnamon rolls recipe that failed. :-) I have no idea how they unrolled the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls as mine were one big circle of dough! But Nate and I did agree that we weren't really a fan of them so next year I'll either try making the bunnies using the Orange Rolls (which we know we like and I confirmed they actually are 'rolls') or, horror of horrors, actually make home-made cinnamon rolls. Eek!
I do want to give props for how awesome Abby was during the 1.5 hour mass. She happily played in the pew at our feet, or sat beside us while coloring. A few times we had to remind her to use her inside voice, but as she was talking about something she was seeing I didn't mind too much. And she LOVED it when we were all singing. Plus, she was in panties the entire time and we didn't have a single accident!!! We were "" this close to making it through the entire mass when, about five minutes before closing prayer, she suddenly announced she needed to go potty. Nate took her out, but when she was finished that was the end of mass for her as she decided she was done churching and ready for playing. The two of them spent the next few minutes getting the wiggles out, then when most everyone was gone we went up to the altar to get a family photo. I think next year we might try photos before mass starts. :-) We're all tired, hungry, and moving in to cranky but we did it!
Happy Easter!
 |
| Our Easter church picture! |
No comments:
Post a Comment