April 11, 2014

Picture with the Easter Bunny

An Easter Bunny photo opp success! It was a hectic adventure getting this one little picture as well. I'd received a two-for-the-price-of-one photo coupon that expired half-way through the bunny's visit so I really wanted to get Abby in for her picture during that time frame as I'm cheap that way. But with being out of town for part of that time period and then having crazy, busy days most of the other days of the cheap bunny visit I found myself on the last day of the coupon trying to squeeze pictures in between Preschool and nap on the same day that I left for a weekend Women's Retreat. I almost called it quits after picking Abby up from school and realizing they must have painted that day as she had blue spots on her forehead, cheek, and hands. After a few seconds of pondering I decided I'd rather save money than have a spot-free face. :-)

Upon arriving at the mall I got in line with only three people in front of me. I figured this would take between 5-10 minutes of waiting and it'd be our turn. I did NOT expect the person in the front of the line to take TEN FULL MINUTES getting the "perfect" snapshot of their one-ish year old child. I'm not kidding when I say it took ten minutes either. I watched the clock! :-) They'd have the picture taker take five or so pictures, review the pictures, and then ask for just a few more because Mom and Aunt were just so sure they could get him to smile a better/bigger/cuter/etc smile than the ones they were seeing. It was right about the point where I was frustrated enough that I was going to ask that they kindly get in line again if they weren't settled on purchasing a picture that they FINALLY purchased one. Another ten minutes of waiting for the next two people in front of us to go and we finally stepped up to get our picture taken at noon. Half an hour after Abby normally eats lunch and well past our time limit for a restroom break. After handing Abby to the bunny I walked back to the picture taker, asked Abby to smile with teeth, and okay'd the picture. Three minutes total from sitting on lap to walking away with paid pictures. That's how you do it! I'll end with saying that I'm loving the fact that she seems to enjoy these visits, as she waves, smiles, laughs, and tries to talk to Santa or the Easter Bunny instead of shrieking with terror. :-)

Abby and the Easter Bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment