October 31, 2015

Halloween - Holiday of Rain!

This year's Halloween was presented by the weather of rain. Lots and lots of rain. So much rain! LOL. I'm very happy Abby's costume fit underneath her rain jacket (just barely, though!) as she would have gotten water logged without it. Note to self for next year: get a costume a size up from what she is - rookie Mom mistake. We actually were able to sit down and have a spaghetti dinner before Bo, Katie, Haylee, and Chase (our Halloween partners in crime) joined us which was very different from my expectation of throwing chicken nuggets at her as she was SO excited to go trick-or-treating this year. But in the rush to get out of the door I didn't get many pictures. In fact, I totally forgot to get a picture of all three kids together! Ugh! Bad scrapbooker, bad. Haylee was a zombie-princess-ghost (I think), Chase went as Chuckie (and he was the most adorable Chuckie you'd ever seen), and Abby was Rainbow Dash.

Okay, I actually found a picture of all three kids. Granted, it's their backs. But you get the idea!
We started out with just a little trickle of rain so I was wondering if I was totally overprotective Mom with making Abby wear her coat, while Chase was just in his thick sweater. But by the fourth house the rain was coming down so hard that Katie ran back for the stroller which had a cover for Chase, Nate ran back for an umbrella and to trade his leather jacket for a rain coat, and I realized I needed to keep my phone under cover if I wanted it to last through the night.

After trick-or-treating about four blocks of our neighborhood Kate, Chase, and I called it quits (we'd been out for about an hour). I was exhausted from walking so much and Katie was worried that Chase was getting too wet and cold as the little stinker refused to stay in his covered stroller and instead wanted to walk with the big girls.

Then roughly 30 minutes later the rest of the crew showed up at the house as Abby had requested to be carried (which Nate decided was the "I'm done" code word) and even Haylee was starting to mention hurting feet. Once home the girls had great fun passing out candy to trick-or-treaters and starting the candy eating process. Even Chase got in on the sugar rush as he grabbed a handful of rolos and stuffed them in his mouth, wrapper and all. :-) It was declared to be a successful night of candy fun by all!


Abby with her candy/toy goodies from the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment