Abby's preschool took a field trip to Middleton Farms this year. Having never been to this location I was curious to see how it lived up to the awesomeness of the Country Mercantile. I'm happy to report that this location was almost as awesome as a pumpkin patch location to visit at any time, but better than the Country Mercantile for a field trip. Mostly because there weren't carnival rides sitting quietly in the distance just begging to be ridden on but no children actually being allowed on. So I was very, very happy with Middleton Farms as a location for a field trip!
 |
| Our first adventure was the children's corn maze. Here, Abby is running through the maze trying to be the first to find her way out. As I have a very bad sense of direction I was worried about losing sight of her and then getting lost in the maze and not being able to find her and help her out. So I found myself doing some jogging at times to keep up. Not the easiest thing to do right now! |
 |
| Thankfully there were enough dead ends that sent her back to my location that I didn't have to run the entire maze. |
 |
| Beware children of the corn! :-) I was honestly surprised when we rounded a corner and found ourselves at the exit of the maze. I would have sworn we were back-tracking and heading back towards the entrance. Again, no sense of direction! But the kids did great!! And it was pretty smart having this group run around as their first activity. :-) |
 |
| Then we headed to the corn pit. Whoever thought of this was brilliant! Same idea as a sand pit but with dried corn kernels instead. Same great fun, much less of a mess. |
 |
| I wish I would have taken a picture of what came out of her shoes at the end of the field trip. As we were getting ready to get back in the car she said her feet hurt and could we dump her shoes. I figured she probably had a few kernels in there but I did NOT expect the HANDFULS of kernels that fell out of her shoes. I do not exaggerate when I say that my hand was filled with kernels each time I emptied a shoe. How she ran around on corn kernels almost the entire field trip I don't know. Girl has some crazy tough feet. |
 |
| Me and my girl on the hay ride. Oh how I love my honey bunny! |
 |
| When we moved onto the petting zoo Abby was all about petting as many of the animals as would allow for it. |
 |
| Until she met the pig. They stared at each other then, at almost the same moment, both turned away from each other. I think it was a mutual decision that no petting would take place. :-) |
 |
| Getting out more energy as Abby ran through the hay bale maze. |
 |
| Climbing the hay tower. |
 |
| But most of the giggles occurred when Abby and some of her classmates decided that the walkway between the hay bales was lava and they'd burn up if they fell into it. So they began running and jumping along the top of the hay bales. They were very good to watch out for the younger kids, and since no teachers were telling them to stop I figured I wouldn't halt the fun.They got some pretty good jumps in there! |
 |
| Finally, after much, much walking the perfect pumpkin was selected. It's interesting watching Abby's mind work. She knew exactly what type of pumpkin she was looking for (small, round, orange, with a big stem) and persevered until she found one that met her criteria. |
 |
| I add this picture of Abby on the school's field trip bus because Abby is SO excited to ride on it. I was actually told to not come on the pumpkin field trip because she wanted to ride the bus. :-) Her disappointment was great when I informed her I would be coming on the pumpkin field trip, but she was made happy again when I mentioned that the next field trip she'd most likely be on the bus. Her shouts of "Yay" and "Woo hoo" almost made me feel bad that she doesn't want to hang out with me, but then again, who can compete with the awesomeness that is the school field trip bus. :-) |
No comments:
Post a Comment