April 24, 2011

Abby's First Easter

Abby's first Easter was a great time! We hosted Easter dinner at our house which meant a big crowd! There was my parents, my sister, her boyfriend, and my niece from my side of the family. From Nate's side there was his parents, grandparents, aunt/uncle, two cousins, and a cousin-in-law. All in all there were 17 people in our house for dinner. Wow! It turned out great, though. Everyone brought at least one dish to share, we ate dinner in the garage (only room in the house big enough to sit everyone), had dessert while we were all spread out in the house, and even had an impromptu Easter egg hunt. Abby didn't participate this year due to not even crawling yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing her hunt down eggs next year!
Picture on Christ the King's altar after Easter Mass
One of the fun aspects of this holiday was finding an Easter dress for Abby to wear. Originally my sister and I wanted to get matching Easter dresses for Haylee and Abby but after visiting seven stores (and only finding two sets of dresses that would fit both sizes - of which I wasn't willing to spend $60 on a dress that she'd outgrow in a month or so) we decided that on the day of Easter Abby would wear the poofy dress that I really liked while Haylee would wear whatever she wanted, and then we'd do after Easter pictures in coordinating dresses. So look forward to a future post with those pictures!
Abby talking in her pretty Easter dress. I loved the poofy skirt!
 It'll be interesting to see how next Easter goes. I'll get to buy an Easter basket, another Easter dress, maybe dye Easter eggs, and have a hunt. I really don't want Abby to grow up too fast, but it will be fun when she gets to the moving stages where we can participate in these holiday traditions!
Abby with her Akers' girls (Aunt Katie, Grandma, and Cousin Haylee)

No comments:

Post a Comment