Yesterday, April 1st, was my birthday! I meant to write this post during Abby's nap but then ended up joining her for a nap myself. :-)
It's funny how birthday's change through the years. When you're little you can't wait to invite your friends over, play games, eat cake, and open presents. In the high school/college years it was about going out together with friends, eating restaurant food, and opening a random present or two. After college, birthdays were about getting all the friends together for dinner and drinks with no presents but lots of cards. My last birthday (the big 3-0) was spent at home watching movies with Nate. We'd just gotten back from our honeymoon and were feeling the newlywed need for alone-time. I figured my next birthday, when I turned 31, would be one shared with friends.
Funny how life takes turns that you don't expect. My 31st birthday was spent with my husband and newborn daughter and I wouldn't have changed it for the world. The two of us ended up going out to dinner at Bonefish Grill where we gorged ourselves on Bang Bang Shrimp and worried that every noise that Abby made meant she was going to wake up and disturb all the other diners. Thankfully Miss Abby did a great job and slept through the entire meal. If this day gives me insight into my birthdays to come I am definitely looking forward to celebrating them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment