April 14, 2011

Abby's Second Injury

Thank goodness I have a tough kid because for the second time in less than a week I've caused an injury to Abby. The first was last Saturday (which I didn't get a picture of) and was created when I was rushing to feed Miss Abby. She was in her carseat and I was hurrying to get her out as she was crying. Without thinking I whipped her diaper bag off my back, forgetting how close I was to her, and smacked her in the face with the bag. Oh, boy did she scream! She also got a sweet shiner under her eye. I felt really, really bad especially as I hadn't paid close enough attention to the clock to know when to head home for feeding time so she was starving.

The second injury happened today when I was trying to feed her. She was hungry but wasn't latching on well so I went to grab her head to position her correctly when my thumbnail scrapped her forehead. I thought I might have gotten away with her not noticing but after a few seconds she noticed the pain and let me know it.

I think I'm starting to think that feeding her is a hazard to her health!

Abby's second war wound. A nice scratch above the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment