For the first time EVER Abigail is asleep in her bassinet! I'm so excited! Normally she only sleeps in my arms or in her swing. Occasionally she'll take a long cat-nap in her bouncy seat but that's pretty rare. I LOVE having her sleep with me (we are still bed-sharing at night) but it was getting to the point where I wasn't able to do much of anything at home since she needed me to be still and quiet while holding her. It was becoming a mad dash of picking up and tossing a freezer meal in the oven right before Nate got home so the house looked decent, but spending the majority of the day hanging out on the couch watching TV so she could sleep. I'm hopeful that with her accomplishment of sleeping in her bassinet (in the master bedroom) that I'll actually be able to get some deep cleaning and real meal planning done.
Of course, in the twenty minutes that she's been down I've checked on her six times. I guess it's not only Abby that needs to be reassured that Mom's here and all is well. :-)
 |
| Thanks to Caren for the tip on using rolled up blankets to give her the feeling of containment that Mom's arms usually gave. |
 |
| I love that even in sleep her hands are cocked and ready to move! |
No comments:
Post a Comment