February 9, 2012

House Interior Remodel: Day 4

My new accent wall is painted! And I have carpet in the house! And linoleum!

Granted the carpet and linoleum are still being cut out and are mostly just laying in the rooms, but they're in the house. I'm so thankful they look good together. I was really concerned as we had carpet and linoleum picked out and then were told that the carpet that we picked wasn't really the greatest quality. (Oh, the things you learn.) So we went back to the drawing board and picked out another carpet that was of a higher quality and then found another linoleum to match the new carpet.

Side note: It's amazing how competent or completely useless sales people can be. We found some great people that really worked with me throughout the process. I mentioned my budget, fiber requests, color preferences, and they showed me right to the samples I needed to look at. Others expected me to walk around the entire store, find something I liked, have them determine the price, and then decide if it was in budget or not. Really? That meant that sometimes I'd pull out 10 samples just to find out they were all out of my price range. (I have great taste!) Ugh. So frustrating. Additionally, no one wants to cut off samples of linoleum to take home to view. I understand the reasoning why they don't want to do this, but to then not have any samples in stock of the desired linoleum meant that I had to decide whether this plastic wrapped roll 20 feet in the air was a color and style I would like. It just amazed me how poor customer service was in some places.


My new accent wall in the kitchen! It's hard to tell here but it's a really awesome reddish-orange color. I'll make sure I post before and after comparisons for the biggest changes at the end of this process. I think the accent wall compliments the new overall house wall color great. You also see Bo and Matt laying our new linoleum.


New carpet in the Guest Bedroom. It's just laying down, not in yet, but I love the color! It matches the walls just awesomely.

Another view of the new carpet and walls in the Office.

Abby's room has the pad showing with rolled up carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment