Had another Mom Fail moment last night. We've been staying in the Bonus Room (more like suite as it has a Bedroom, TV Room, Bathroom, and Craft Room) of my parent's house while ours is being remodeled. Last night I was upstairs in the Bonus Room getting Abby's breathing treatment ready while she played up there with me. I heard her crawl away and knew that she was heading towards the stairs as she's been having fun going up and down them but I figured she'd stay on the top three like she's been doing. Suddenly I heard silence. I don't know what about the silence alarmed me but alarmed I was. I started calling out to Abby and walking towards the stairs when I heard a weird thump. I just knew she was now falling down the stairs. I ran to the top of the stairs in time to see Abby barrel roll down the last four stairs and crash onto the landing. I raced down as fast as my feet could carry me and swooped her up before the second cry. While holding her I listened to her crying and determined that she was definitely scared and a little shaken but not really hurt. My feelings were affirmed when she caught sight of the cat, stopped crying to check him out a bit, then turned back to me and started crying again. We had another pause when a neat commercial came on the TV, too. So she was scared but other than a probably bump or two just fine. We got an obligatory picture for the scrapbook and I continued with putting Abby to bed.
It was around this time that I felt my left knee. This troublesome knee has been an issue since I got pregnant. It gives out randomly when I'm walking, pops funny when I turn just right, and overall is my weak point. I think running down the stairs devil-may-care tweaked something that continues to be unhappy even the next day. Of course, forgetting that it hurt and kneeling on it to get Abby in her car seat hasn't helped matters. Hopefully my knee issue goes away as quickly as the bruise on Abby's knee from her fall.
 |
| Abby checking out the cat in between cries. |
 |
| My baby girl was scared! |
No comments:
Post a Comment