April 5, 2011

'They' Told Me

* Warning! This post contains talk about poop. You've been warned.

So 'they' told me it would happen. Every Mom I've talked to who breastfed has mentioned to me to not be alarmed if Abby didn't poop every day as breastfed baby's can go multiple days and even over a week without pooping. However, everyone also warned me to beware when pooping commenced again. I took their words to heart but nothing can prepare you for when it actually happens! Abby hasn't pooped for the last 2-3 days so I wasn't concerned but figured I'd get a decent poop sometime soon. Oh, my goodness! I did NOT expect what came out of my little girl. 'They' weren't kidding when they said beware! 
I was holding Abby when I heard the unmistakable sound of her pooping. I waited the obligatory 10 minutes (I've learned that otherwise it's multiple diaper changes only a few minutes apart) and then picked her up to take her to her room. After feeling a wet feeling on her bottom I thought she might have leaked through a bit. When I actually saw the damage I laughed and then ran for my camera!
Here's what I saw upon opening her sleeper. I had to be careful I didn't rest her head in it when I sat her back down after trying to see how far up her back it went. After a few wipes with wet ones it became apparent that Abby was getting her bath early today.
All happy and clean after her bath. Normally Daddy gives baths so this was a fun and special time for the two of us.
And all is right with the world again after a yummy feeding section. I love the drool of breastmilk running out of the corner of her mouth!

1 comment:

  1. I've so been there! But for small little Abby that was a large mess! Welcome to motherhood! LOL

    ReplyDelete