In the end, Abby showed me that she'll do things on her own time frame thank you very much. Well, and with a little help from me. Yesterday I swaddled her, put her on her side with her back against the back side of the crib, tucked a blanket up against the side facing the center of the crib, put a stuffed bear touching the top of her head, and a blanket over her and she FINALLY took a real nap. She was down for two whole hours before I woke her up (yes, I know what they say about waking a sleeping baby) to feed her so Nate and I could run our errands. Two hours! I kept checking on her thinking it'd be just my luck if the one and only time I got her to sleep in her crib something happened.
So this crib napping should have been a fluke, right? Well, it seemed like it when I put her down for her morning nap in her crib this morning and she just wouldn't settle. So it was a morning nap spent in the swing. Well, her noontime nap came around and I thought I'd give it another go. She woke up and fussed a few times and needed a short nursing session but then she went down for two hours. TWO HOURS! I think this nap in the crib thing is working! Yeah! So my goal for the next two weeks is to really focus on staying home as much as possible to try and train her to sleep in her crib as much as possible. As I have a less active few weeks this should be possible. So excited!
Next step...sleeping in her bassinet/crib for nighttime sleeping. As I'm loving co-sleeping this may be a while. :-)
| Abby sleeping in her crib! |




No comments:
Post a Comment