Height Weight Head CM
Birth 19.5 in. 7 lbs. 0 oz.
1 Week 19.0 in. 6 lbs. 9 oz. 33cm
2 Months 22.0 in. 11 lbs. 6 oz. 38cm
4 Months 24.75 in. 15 lbs. 6 oz. 39.5 cm
6 Months 26.75 in. 18 lbs. 6 oz. 41.5 cm
9 Months 28.25 in. 21 lbs. 3 oz. 44cm
This puts Abby in the 75th percentile for height, 85th percentile for weight, and 50th percentile for head circumference. Once again my little girl is tall and chunky with a little bitty head. Yes, I still appreciate that tiny head. :-)
Abby has been crazy with all of her met milestones as of late. She's a ferocious crawler and is across the room (and house!) in the blink of an eye. I've had a number of experiences leaving a room with her in it, then walking back into said room a few seconds later, and she's not there anymore! Every time my heart skips a beat until I find her. You'd think by now I'd learn to expect her disappearing acts. Abby has also figured out how to pull herself up onto furniture, get down from that standing position (yeah!), and how to cruise along the edges of whatever she pulls herself up onto. She's even had a few moments where she'll have both hands in the air as she dives from the ottoman to the coffee table. Her pediatrician thinks that these signs are all pointing to walking before she's one. We'll see. One the one hand this would be nice, but on the other I'm not quite ready to baby proof my house that much. I'm getting there, though.
Abby has also learned that her mouth and nose make funny sounds. She breathes heavily through her nose while ending in giggles, has learned to pant through her mouth and loves it when others pant back, and just recently she's figured out how to cluck her tongue. I love watching her play in the living room while I'm in the kitchen and see her exploring all the different sounds she can make, all the different ways the toys move, and just generally enjoying her 'by her self' playtime. It wasn't too long ago that she didn't know how to do these fun things without someone showing her how to first.
Finally, Abby has learned the joys of people food. It's fun to watch her use her pinchers to pick up items and see how she's so proud of herself for doing so. Tonight she was just a hog. Eggs, cottage cheese, regular cheese, rice, puffs, and a jar and a half of baby food. We're still going strong with nursing but I can see that there's an end of this tunnel in sight. She's definitely still wanting mommy milk but there are times when she'd much prefer real food. I'm not sure I'm ready for ending this aspect of our relationship.
The few things that we still need to work on are sleeping through the night, or at least only getting up once, and being more comfortable with non-mom people. Once we get these two things down Mommy will be a very, very happy camper.
Overall, these past 9 months have been an absolute joy and I look forward to what the upcoming months bring. Next big milestone...a year! Ack!
| Happy 9 Months! |




No comments:
Post a Comment