It was a really nice Thanksgiving with all the food trimmings, festive table settings, and interesting conversation. We even opened up a puzzle and had a big gathering around the table putting it together. Iris was particularly fantastic at putting the puzzle together. She could see where a random piece on the other end of the table would fit perfectly into an obscure part of the puzzle that someone else was working on. If there's even a puzzle match to the death, I want her on my team!
The night was a really nice affair. I even got some adult conversation time as one of the girls that was there (belonging to the friend's of the Eslinger's) was enamored with Abby and basically took care of her for me. It was really nice on her part, although I'm sure she was enjoying playing with her just as much.
We're still figuring out how to blend our third family into the two existing ones, and there's been some occasional struggle with that as we have to incorporate a mother-in-law who doesn't always feel well enough to travel, grandparents who are getting older and aren't able to travel as much, and a niece that is in a changing holiday custody arrangement between her Dad and Mom, but this holiday proved that we're starting to get the hang of it. No fights, lots of fun. I can definitely handle more holidays like this!
To end, I am very thankful for my husband and daughter and the wonderful life that we have together. I am thankful for our good health and encouraging spirits. I'm thankful for the family members that are still in our lives and the ones that have passed on but left so many wonderful memories. I am thankful for a comfortable lifestyle where I don't have to worry about housing or meals. And I'm thankful to God for blessing us with his love.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
| Nate and I feeding Abby pieces of my jello dessert before our meal. My, but she can get demanding when she wants something. :-) |
| Tim, Iris, and I filling up on yummy food while Levi brings out more turkey. |




No comments:
Post a Comment