November 17, 2011

First Snow of the Year

It's crazy that it's not yet Thanksgiving and we're currently experiencing snow. Totally reminds me of when I was little and we'd receive feet of snow and have a really long winter season. Then it seemed like we didn't get any snow but got really hot and long summers for a while. What goes around, comes around I guess. Yeah, snow! (Yes, I realize I may regret saying this in another month or two but for now...yeah, snow!)

You can just see the white flakes falling, especially against the background of the trees.

A little bit is sticking to the leaves, grass, and fire pit.

The lower-left corner leaf shows a good view of the snowflakes. The grass is tipped white.

I think the shot of the little flakes on the dead branch and leaves is pretty.  

While pictures don't do the snow justice there was very lovely snowfall that stuck around for just a bit before melting away. The forecast calls for more snow this week, so we'll see what we eventually get (if anything).

No comments:

Post a Comment