I have decided that the electrical items in our house should fear me.
First I broke the TV. I underestimated the length of the HDMI cable and in moving the TV to see if I liked it better in a different spot of the living room I tore the cable where it connects to the TV. By this I mean the male part was still inside the female spot of the TV but the copper wires and cord were no longer attached. Turns out I tore something inside the television as well as even when we tried a new HDMI cable the TV still only showed the green fuzzy screen of death. So the TV was done for.
Next I broke the digital picture frame. It kept falling over as the stand on the frame would collapse, so I figured it was because I wasn't opening the stand wide enough. I thought it would 'click' into place when I opened it wider. Instead it broke completely off. That's when I discovered the extendor piece that slid down to make the frame stand wider. Ugh. Fortunately Nate was able to glue the piece back on and the frame is back in commission.
Finally, I broke the treadmill. Which we'd had for three days. I wanted to turn on the ceiling fan but I was already on the treadmill so I decided to ride the treadmill back to the light ficture. Didn't realize that the treadmill had two plastic pieces at the end which covered the flooring material so when I rode all the way back my foot hit one of them and busted it right off. Double ugh. Once again Nate came to the rescue and was able to glue the piece back on and fix what I'd broken.
Nate has decided that the laptop should now begin fearing for it's life. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment