June 2, 2011

Thunder Storm

Last night we had a thunder and lightning storm. Nate and I decided that since it was only sprinkling a little we would take an evening walk and check out the sky activity off in the distance. We saw a bunch of lightning strikes in the sky and the most amazing sunset. At one point in time the sky was so bright orange (I think the sun was reflecting off the clouds) that it was almost as bright as noon-time. Right before heading in to the house we took a quick peak back at the storm and saw a double rainbow! I couldn't get it in the picture but the bottom rainbow was actually visible from one end to the other, whereas the top rainbow's bow faded off into the sky before completing an entire arc.

Just makes you realize how awesome and beautiful our world can be.

Double rainbows

A stormy sky

No comments:

Post a Comment